School is out for summer! For some students this is a sentimental time, and for others the last day could not have arrived soon enough! Here are five fun activities that can help you and your students wrap up the school year and kick off summer!
1. Write a letter to your future self. Encourage your student to write a letter to their future self and seal it until the night before the first day of school next year. It could include some encouraging words, favorite quotes, a lesson learned, a poem, a drawing…you could create a summer fun list and see how many fun to-do’s you accomplished.
2. Create a deck of conversation cards with questions like: what was the most memorable moment this year? Who influenced you the most? What is one thing you would do differently? What was your proudest moment? A deck of conversation cards can stimulate discussion and connection. You could also complete the cards alone by journaling your answers.
3. Memory Collage of the year’s best, funniest, and most inspiring personal moments. This is a great way to wrap up the year and create a keepsake to look in the years to come.
4. Create a Sumer Vision Board. This is like the memory collage – but in reverse.
5. Pick a theme for your summer. Maybe you want to relax, get fit, connect with friends and family, have new experiences, be courageous, slow down, get mindful…you might even pick a theme song that captures the essence of what you want your summer to be. Maybe the family picks one to share or maybe each person has their own.
Hope you enjoy these ideas and have a wonderful and fulfilling summer!
©2021 Individual Matters, LLC. All rights reserved. Feel free to republish so long as credit is given.