A Free Presentation Series for Parents with Students of All Ages
Individual Matters hosts a series of presentations for parents of students of all ages. Join Dr. Katen and other local experts to learn about all things that have to do with learning.
The presentations take place on the FIRST TUESDAY of every month for the rest of the 2019-2020 school year. Topics will include:
- Learning Simulations
- ADHD: What is really causing the attention problem?
- Dyslexia and other Learning Disorders
- Auditory and Visual Processing
- Executive Function and Learning
- Learning Styles and Using Strengths to Find Success
- Gifted and Advanced Learners
- Successful Learning Skills: Organization and Homework Strategies
- Autism and Other Social Challenges
- IEPs, 504s, and Advocating for your Child at School
- And many more!
Location: 2530 E. Foresight Circle, Grand Junction, CO 81505
Day/Time: 1st Tuesday of each month, 5:30-7:00pm
If you can make it, please RSVP by email or phone so we can be sure to have enough seats and snacks.
Hope to see you there!
We are very excited by the upcoming “Saturday Series” at The Lexington School: November 5, 2016.
Dr. Katen will present: “Students with Learning Differences: Navigating the Challenges.” Topics include:
- Different ways that students think and learn
- What learning differences are and how they impact learning
- Social and emotional challenges experienced by children with learning differences
- How to support your child’s unique temperament and learning style
This is a unique opportunity to:
- Gain valuable insights
- Learn helpful strategies
- Participate in hands-on activities
- Collaborate with other parents and professionals.
Parents and professionals from all schools welcome. To register, visit www.thelexingtonschool.org/Page/Saturday-Series
The Lexington School will award attendees with certificates for Continuing Education/Professional Development Credits.